Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Office Holiday Spirit

I was a bit bummed this holiday season when I realized that because I got another cat (a kitten to be exact), that I would not be able to put up my tree or holiday decorations this year. My kitten Mittens destroyed my artificial tree I had in my living room, and I did not want to take the chance of him destroying my Christmas tree as well; so I made the decision not to put up my tree this year. Christmas is my favorite holiday and to not be able to put up my tree or decorate for this holiday had me feeling a bit bummed--That is until I came to work one day last week and one of my co-workers brought in some snowflakes, bulbs and garland into the office so we could decorate it. : )

...So my work-study students and I went right to work with getting things ready and decorated as my co-worker Bretta began the decorating with hanging garland along our cubicle walls. Words cannot describe how elated I was to be a part of something so simple, yet something that made me overly happy. : )

I have grown to LOVE my job and I work with some of the most amazing people I have met in my life. These advisors and work-study students are HARD workers, dedicated to their jobs and I am beyond blessed that I was chosen for this position. I have only been working in this position for a couple months and I already know that I love what I am doing and feel blessed to be a part of the office staff in which I work. I have never seen a group of people who are so dedicated to not only their job but to helping the students who daily walk through our office doors....I wonder how I never "knew" about this office and these advisors when I was a student at this college?

Here is the finished product of our decorating excursions at the office. I figure if I am not able to enjoy my tree and decorations this holiday season; at least I can enjoy the spirit of the holidays at work. I hope there are many more holidays and years that I get to spend with these wonderful people, but for now, I will enjoy this opportunity and the time that I have with them. Thank You to all the advisors who help to "make me look like I know what in the world I am doing". : )

This is a photo of the whole Advising Center as you walk in...It's like a "winter Wonderland" with snowflakes and bulbs "falling" from the ceiling".







The front part of my desk...




The front part of the front desk....





I am pretty happy with how the decorating turned out. Thanks Bretta for bringing in the awesome decorations. : )

~Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment