Life can hand you many tests and obstacles that will test your strength, courage and determination, yet bless you with the outcomes in some way. I have been quiet the last week or so with my blog as life had me in a whirlwind of tests, obstacles, craziness, daily wind and grind, yet has blessed me with a few things as well. We all wish at times that life was a straight and narrow path that comes with directions on how to avoid trouble, make all the right choices, be prepared for obstacles with directions of "How To" when you get to that certain place the obstacle is "waiting in the wings" for you to conqueror...In reality, life's paths and journeys all tend to look like the photo below with only a few feet of clear vision, yet beyond the nearness of what you can see, there is the mystery of the unknown.
In the last two weeks, I have helped my older sister move out of our apartment building, seen my niece and nephew go to live with my grandparents in Sauk Centre for the school year, I had to take my Mom to the ER because she was having a hard time breathing and had chest tightening/neck/shoulder pain...Come to find out that she nearly had a heart attack, almost had to have her heart shocked to slow down her racing heart and watched them pump her full of meds all the while, I was in the ER room crying and silently praying the rate numbers of the screen for her heart would drop before they had to shock her heart....To getting offered the job that I have been hoping and praying for over the last few months.
The last few weeks have tested my strength emotionally, and physically with the obstacles that I and my family have had to walk through as of late, but that's what life is about and what makes us stronger when we push trough it...Hmmm, I should be able to bench press a semi or something by now. : )
Life has "died down" in the craziness department and now I am about to turn over a new leaf in my life with a new Administrative job. I am excited to be an "Administrative Assistant for the Human Resources Department" at St. Cloud Technical and Community College!...Wow! That sounds so professional. : ) I am very excited about this job because I get to work in a school setting once again as I feel most "at home" in a job a job when I am in a school environment (if that makes sense). I am not a teacher by any means (yet), however, this is the next closest thing for me right now and I am very excited to begin this journey into the "professional world" after college.
I am also nervous, wondering if I can remember all of the things and procedures I was taught during my years in school as I find that I was starring at my laptop, "blanking" when I was looking at some old assignments I once did; trying to remember how I did them. I just have to remind myself that "I CAN DO THIS!" and trust in my skills, knowledge and training that I obtained and I can succeed at this job. Once I get the first few days over with this week, the nervous jitters will be shaken from me. I have the training and skills for this job and I know that this job can only lead me to more amazing opportunities down the road.
It's true what they say: "You will fall and fail before you fly and succeed." I have certainly failed and fallen and now I believe it is my time to begin flying and succeeding. : )
~Melissa

No comments:
Post a Comment