Friday, August 29, 2014

Friday Bliss

As I look out my window and see that it is gloomy and rainy, I am reminded of all the beauty that this world has to offer. I see a world that is big, unknown, vibrant and just "oozing" with opportunity. There is beauty all around us from the physical world of the Earth that we can see, hear, feel, smell and taste (eating); to all the wonderful people we meet every day.

Each day is a new journey through life. Each day is filled with opportunities to succeed, to excel, to be just a little bit better than you were yesterday. People say that the path to happiness in life is a straight and narrow one. If you sway from it, then not only will you find yourself in trouble, but you will also find it hard to do things in life. I believe this statement very loosely as I believe that each choice and road we take in life is for a reason. Each road leads us to where we are today and who we have become today as a result of those roads...So, our "path to happiness" goes from the non-realistic idea of a straight road to something more like this...


I find that true happiness comes from within the soul. We all are taught a foundation of what is deemed as right and wrong in life. We all know when something feels right and we all have that "gut feeling" or subconscious that tells us when we are or are about to do something we know that we shouldn't...It is the choices that we make in this life that not only shape and mold us into the person that we are today and the person that we are to become, but it also gives us a sense of identity and purpose in life.

For everything that happens in life there is a reason, a purpose. Sometimes those things are in our favor and sometimes those things are blessings in disguise. I have found it really hard to grow as a person if I am not able to make mistakes and learn from them. That's what life is about anyway isn't it? Doing the best you can with the life that you are given, yet learning from your mistakes and growing to be a better person is really what life is about anyway...But you get to enjoy the journey through life as you go. I really believe this quote from a song that states "Life is a dance, you learn as you go. Sometimes you lead, and sometimes you follow." I believe that every great ending destination is a dance, waiting to be learned...

I was reminded of this a few different times today. The first was when I found out that my "adoptive sister" Jessi just gave birth to her son this morning...That's a new life and a new journey that has just begun. I was reminded of this today as it was raining. The rain was substantial because it brings water to the living organisms of this earth which are vital to our food chain, but it also made me realize that when struggles come in life, that even when it feels like the hardships are pouring down on you with no end in sight...Wade through it because eventually every storm runs out of rain and the sun will shine again.

The last time I was reminded that life is a dance, is this morning as I was waiting on a customer. This elderly lady came in shopping and she is a regular customer and knows me quite well on an "employee" level. She gave me the BEST compliment and one that I so badly needed to hear...She told me as I was ringing her items through the check out; " It's so good to see you. I have not seen you in such a long time and I have missed seeing your smiling face. You make my day when I come here because you always have such a wonderful attitude towards me." --I nearly cried as I thanked her for such a wonderful compliment. I needed to hear this today as I have been struggling with a few things in my life and hearing this today from a lady who would otherwise be a total stranger was such a HUGE blessing to me. My storm I was thinking about today immediately dissipated, and the sun once again found it's way through. :)

What a great compliment. Thank you to that nice lady (who I can never remember her name for the life of me) but I know who she is. :)

As I finish up this post, I want to leave you with one final message to reflect on and that is...



~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment