Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Wonderful Wednesday

Waking up at 6 a.m. on my day off was not what I had in mind for the morning. I envisioned that I would sleep until about 9 a.m. and then get up and start my day....Nope my body that is programmed to be up early every day had other plans for me.

So after being frustrated once again by my body's lack to sleep in for a few hours, I began thinking about some ways that I could practice and develop my writing, but I also wanted to have it serve a purpose other than merely for my purpose of writing. I came up with a few really cool ideas on how I could do little things each day to work on it and use my writing skills, yet have it bless the lives of others as well. I will not reveal what that exactly is because then I may give away the mystery if anything were to come of it but I am really excited to see if this could work.

Words are the most powerful thing that people can use, and they can do one of two things: They can either bless people or severely hurt people. I have been on the receiving end of hurtful words more than my share already in life but I have also used words in hurtful ways in the past towards others as well. I realized that I want to use the gift of words and writing that I have been blessed with to not only share my thoughts on everyday things, but to also bless those around me--So as a step in achieving my goal this year with my writing, I am going to write and use that writing to physically write down my thoughts and ideas, but also to bless the lives of those around me. I've always been aware of the fact that in life, we tend to overlook the "little things" life has to offer, yet when we begin to see those things, take notice of them and try to do something for others that there is a great reward that comes with blessing others and paying forward acts of kindness...So I am taking on the quest to use my gift of words and writing to bless others just for the sake of seeing people smile on a daily basis. : )

I want to be a person who is remembered when I leave this Earth. I doubt I will ever become famous or rich and I am fine with that; however, I want my life here on Earth to mean something to the people in my life. I want to touch their lives in some way as I hope they will touch mine. I have a small list of people who have really made an impact on my life in some way. Those people range from a few close friends, to previous teachers, to a couple random strangers I was blessed to have crossed my path, to a few family members and yes, even my pets (although they do not qualify as people or human but still have touched my life)....These are the people that I will remember for whatever reason they touched a part of my life and I want to be one of those people to someone else. There is so much negativity and "bad" things going on in the world as of late, that I figure if I start to change some things in my personal life, then maybe I will inspire at least one other person to do the same, and they will inspire someone and so on...We can all make a small imprint on this world and we have many opportunities each day; most of us either ignore those opportunities or are so consumed in our daily lives and routines, that we miss those chances because we do not see them as the opportunities arise. : ) I certainly have missed plenty of these opportunities, but I do not wish to miss anymore, so I am doing something about it.

...To making it count...

~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment