I woke up this morning at 5 a.m. to be to work by 7:00 and I was quite tired. I have been trying to "train" my body to not stay up late and to get back on a semi-regular/early sleep schedule. My attempts to go to bed at 10:00 last night failed miserably. I think I finally headed to bed at almost midnight and I was still not that tired. Waking up every two hours because you decide to hydrate yourself and cure a craving for cold ice water causes you to visit the royal throne like clockwork throughout the night...The last time I woke up to use the restroom was around 3:45 a.m. and I knew that I would be getting up to an alarm sharply at 5:00; but I went back to bed anyway...Just as I finally got comfortable, snuggled in real tight to my blankets and my mind was surprisingly quite...I hear BEEP, BEEP, BEEP. RING, RING, RING! I popped open my eyes and said CRRRAAAP! Grudgingly, I kicked off the blankets, wiped the "eye crispies" from my eyes and hopped into the shower and got ready for work.
Beginning work this morning was a bit of a struggle to wake myself up and be completely functioning since I have been lacking sleep due to an blasted allergy cold that I am finally getting over (or at least the allergies are now bearable and do not make me feel completely miserable all day long). Today, since I was scheduled the early shift, I had the duties of cleaning the bathrooms, filling the coolers, bringing the carts back onto the sales floor (after having our floors cleaned the night before) and clean up the service counter all before the store opens at 9:00 where I will be the only cashier scheduled aside from the manager...
I start to clean the Women's bathroom and here I find something in a bag in the garbage can. I can see it's a package from the store as it has our price tags on both small boxes and I can read the writing on it which read "Play Girl Female Condoms". I was like WHAT?! So with rubber gloves on, I had to check for a receipt, otherwise we have to count it as loss inventory. What I saw next was least expected...I move the two small boxes to see if a receipt would lye underneath them, and to my disgust, I see two USED condoms in the plastic bag under the boxes they came in! I took the bag up to the front of the store and asked myself the question...Really? Did someone really have sex in the Women's bathroom? I mean what is wrong with people? Why would you have sex in a public restroom and leave the evidence behind? Is that really necessary that you cannot wait until you get home to have sex? I will not know for sure, but I'm not an idiot and I am pretty sure that it was used. Then I thought about what if a kid found that or tried to pick it up or something? So I ask again...REALLY? Note to everyone...If you have to have sex that bad that you cannot possibly wait until you get home, have sex BEFORE you go shopping! Sincerely, the employees who have to clean the bathrooms. Aside from that awesome incident, the store was oddly very busy for a Tuesday, in fact it was as busy today as it is on a Friday for us...I wondered what it could be and just chalked it up to people coming back from vacations, end of summer, school starting next week for the kiddos, and the holiday weekend coming up. Time sure flew by at work today but man it was way too busy for just two people to run the whole store. Attention huge corporations and the people who have the authority to give your managers and employees labor hours for the week...STOP micro managing your businesses! We, the "small" people hate running around with our heads cut off and not being able to get the things done that are asked of us. Thanks. :)
In other news...Charter decided to change their cable system and get rid of their old cable, and made us get these pointless HD converter boxes for the new cable system...It was a headache to get programmed but it works. My thoughts on this are...If something is not broken, don't fix it...
I received a phone call about an Administrative Assistant position I applied for was reviewed and I have an interview set up on Thursday afternoon. :) Fingers crossed that something falls into place soon as I am beginning to lose hope on finding a job in my career field before November when I have to begin to pay my student loans back...EEEK!
Nothing out of the quote ordinary happened today, yet when it came to write about this entry, I realized that if you really take a look at the course of a day, there are small things, or minor things that happen in daily life that you may not pay any attention to, unless you are thinking about a particular time. It's pretty cool once you start to think about it, and awesome when you try it out and begin to see and notice those small things that you otherwise might not have thought about because they are small, unimportant things that happen each day. Try it for a week and maybe jot down little notes of small things that happen each day and at the end of the week, see how many have occurred but also look at the bigger picture of the week as a whole and see exactly how much of our daily lives are just filled with the "Hum Drums" that we pay no attention to. It's really cool to go back and read those things from the week and see how much more aware you are of not only your daily life, but your surroundings when you take the time to notice some of those small things.
...Until Tomorrow...
~Melissa
No comments:
Post a Comment