Sunday, September 21, 2014

Moving Day


This weekend has made me realize how blessed I was to have essentially all of my immediate family living in the same apartment complexes as I live in. We all live in separate apartments, yet my parents, older sister and her kids and I all live on separate floors. Today was a bittersweet day as I found out that my sister and my niece and nephew will be moving out of their apartment in the next few days. My sister wanted to move back to the Twin Cities and follow a potential career path and she has the opportunity to move, so she decided to take it.

When they first moved in to the apartments, I was a bit frustrated that more of my family had "followed me" to these apartments that I initially moved into to begin with when I started school, but now after having her here with the kids for the last year; I am really sad to see them go. I have grown accustomed to having the kids come up and visit me, hang out, spend the night or even come up and say "Auntie, can I come spend time with you?" I love it when my niece (Hope) and my nephew (Philly) come up and ask for funny, little things like a "Mechanical" pencil and to play with my kitten Mittens. :)

I have begun to bond with them a lot more over the last year than I ever have before due to them usually living in the Cities or not coming to visit that often. It's been really nice to have them here and to see them make friends, play outside, enjoy where they live and just be kids. They grow up so fast and it really bites that they are now moving.

Emotions got the best of me when my sister started giving me her décor and some clothes as I knew it was really going to happen. She wants to start over, turn over a new chapter in her life and she believes that moving back to a place that she likes ( the Twin Cities), it will help her get the job that she likes and get that new start that she is looking for...But it doesn't make the emotions stop when you begin to think of how blessed you really were to have your niece and nephew live "downstairs" from you and you could see them everyday and whenever you wanted to.

Those two special kids have given me so many laughs, and a sense of adventure. I see those two live their lives as kids and enjoying each moment and it makes my heart melt. I LOVE seeing them smile, laugh, play and just being kids...I know I will see the kids when they come to visit, but now that they are moving, it will be hard to not look out my patio door and see them running, jumping, laughing, riding bikes, climbing the tree they know they shouldn't, and just using their imaginations.

I know that this move is what needs to happen, but it's hard to see them go. I hope that my sister, Hope and Philly know how much I love them, have enjoyed having them here and I wish them the best of luck. I hope they know that we love them and will always be here for them.

...To my "Breezy" and "Burrito"; Auntie has LOVED having you two here. I loved spending time together, going on shopping trips together, going for ice cream as Auntie's special treat with you guys and I am VERY PROUD of you two. You both are doing AWESOME in school, are good kids and I am BLESSED to be your Auntie! You two are great kids and I hope you know how much we all love you. Take care of your Mom and listen to her as best as you can. : ) Auntie Melissa loves you! XOXO

...This is what has been on my mind the last few days; and as much as I do not want them to go, I know that this is the best thing for all of them right now. Take care and be blessed. XOXO

~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment