Saturday, September 6, 2014

Seasons in Life

This morning as I was thinking about allergies and the seasons changing, it made me think of today's blog post. We are now in September and soon, the leaves will be changing with the anticipation of Fall, followed by the dreaded long and cold winter months.

Mother Nature provides us with seasons throughout the year; and with that come the "seasons in life".  As this picture shows, for everything, there is a season.

 
Life gives us seasons in which we are to do certain things, meet certain people, go certain places and each of those seasons in life has a divine purpose. I've found in my personal life that people and friends can and do change over the years. I once was at a place where I was not close to any member of my family, but had a closer relationship with a few people from my childhood church group. For years, I sought out "approval" from those who I was close to outside of my family, but what I came to learn was that my family was more accepting and approving of me as a person, flaws and all than the very people I placed so much trust in all those years ago. Things happen in life that cause you to draw close to those around you, or even distance yourself from certain people or situations that you once were involved in...
 
You also get the opportunities to reconnect with old friends, or people you once spoke to or were around all of the time and for whatever reasons, you drifted away for a bit. Life also brings you across people you have never met, and meeting that person changes something within you because you have gotten the chance to know them a bit.
 
The phrase "Home is where the heart is."; is a phrase that rings true in my life and has stood the test of time with me. St. Cloud will always be my "home" as this is my home town, and where I have spent all of my life thus far. I love this city, but I am "itching" to get out there and live somewhere else for a few years. I have a deep-rooted desire to live in Tennessee for at least a few years, and I know that one day, I will get there. However, St. Cloud will always be my home because that is where my family and friends live. It's the place I grew up, went to school, experienced "life" and I'm proud of this town.
 
During different "seasons" in life, we may change jobs, careers, locations of work, or in my case; return to previous job. I believe that people change jobs or careers because they are trying to either find a job that they are passionate/happy with or they want to explore more avenues within a career or a company. I am a person who likes to explore and see what is all out there in this world; so I can relate to the people who try to "expand their horizons" so to speak within a career or the job they currently have.
 
We also are blessed with walking through struggles in life. It's not to "separate the weak from the strong", but to help us learn, grow and become a stronger person in this world. Life is funny in that I've noticed that the "hard times" tend to circle us in our journey. For whatever reason, or whatever struggle, life tends to present an obstacle (big or small), you walk through it, learn something from it and life is "dandy" again for a bit, but soon enough life presents another obstacle and this cycle circles us throughout our life. I don't think that we are meant to "suffer" all of this "misery and pain" in life, but I do think that each struggle in life or obstacle life presents, is there for us to learn something from, to not only become a "stronger person", but also a better and more wise person than you were before facing that challenge in life.
 
Some seasons (lengths of time) in life are easier than others, but they all are there to allow us to grow, learn and live this life to the fullest and the best of our ability. I do not always like the seasons that I tread in this life, but I am grateful for each one because without them, I would not be where I am today in life or the person I am today.
 
Thank you life for giving me all these seasons through this journey. :)
 
~Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment